Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tarbert

local wildlife blocking the path, I removed it to a safer location.
good crops of rowan berries, wonder if its time to make some jam?
the view back down the path, these are Forestry Comission made and maintained in association with the Kintyre Peninsula people, nice job they are doing of it too.
this is the view looking out to Loch Fyne, it was a bit dull so I have brightened this photo.
we looked at how this rock had formed under pressure and heat
just under the rockface is a small clear pool, it would be drinkable if the forestry were not actively spraying poison all round the hill to clear rhododendron. it is marked on the map and has probably been a well dedicated to Bride(Bridget) in times past
and some moss

9 comments:

Wildside Musing said...

So funny to hear our native rhody referred to like a noxious weed; but ofcourse I do the same with all this Scotch Broom growing everywhere here! ;-) Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Michael said...

Enjoyed the swirled rock face. I studied geology at university for a while andam still fascinated by the forces at work inside the Earth. Pity about Bridget's little spring. I wonder how she feels, being poisoned like that? What will the wee folk do?

patsy said...

i can't figure out what the local wild life is, is it a snail. i will do a google search and find out. the photos are great. to bad they poision the spring.

clairesgarden said...

Wildside, it is much a case of the wrong plant in the wrong place, it does so well here it is killing off the native stuff. another example of mans attack against the earth, who brought it here in the first place!
Michael, the wee folk have all gone to live in Ed's garden, which I did not take a picture of but is overgrowing with life and abundance.
Patsy , I should have said that is a big fat slug of some sort, I don't mind them as long as they are not in my garden.

Kati said...

Rowan berries! We call the tree "mountain ash" here,ie Canada ( Sorbus decora and S. aucuparia being our main varieties). I did not know you could make jam of the berries. Would you have a recipe?

Crunchy Carpets said...

Oooh your photos make me sooo homesick.
And all my childhood memories come bubbling up.
I am HOPING to make it to Edinburgh in October, but won't have too much time for travelling around.

Kiss Dont Kill guild leader said...

what is the very first photo in this blog

clairesgarden said...

Crunchy Carpets, Edinburgh is such a cool place, if you had time I could meet you for coffee?
Coyote, the first picture is a close up of a big field slug, its about 2 inches long and about as wide, I am not sure if that is slime or eggs at the back, |I lifted ti off the path because I didn't want it to get squashed.

Crunchy Carpets said...

I will keep you posted claire!