Monday, February 27, 2006

no roof tiles

The greenhouse temperature for last night showed -4C. This time last year I started sowing seeds in the house and greenhouse but its so cold I think I'll wait for a couple of weeks. In the greenhouse this alpine primula cheered me up this morning, the flower is less than half an inch across, such a tiny plant.
In the garden this Hebe 'Pink Elephant' showing its promised cold weather colours, this plant is about a foot high and a foot across now.
The old tiles are completely off, they have made a start on removing the chimneys and won't start to re-tile until they are done. I wish somebody in charge would let me know whats happening but I always seem to miss the 'boss'.

3 comments:

Wildside Musing said...

Yes, at -4 in the greenhouse, it sounds like it would be good to wait!

Here, our woolly time has turned a nice red color due to our recent bout of below freezing temps, and sadly, our scotch moss in the main path has turned brown and is looking rather dead. The good news is that the baby spinach (seeded last fall) is mostly still alive today!

Wildside Musing said...

How are you doing? With no roof tiles and a bout of cold weather, to be honest, I worry!

Just dropped by this morning to tell you that I saw a snowdrop blooming in our streetside hedge today! My first! Hip, hip, hooray!

clairesgarden said...

not to worry, thermal long-johns on and going to bed at night with two hot water bottels, an extra quilt and two cats!!