Wednesday, February 23, 2011

too wet outside...

Smokey Tiptoes says no to going outside...too wet!!

this little pot of Scilia Siberica has bloomed year after year on the doorstep. they are still in a plastic pot...think its time to upgrade them to something nicer.

turning up the snowdrops revealing how pretty they are...note the raindrops, I had to run back inside as the rain came on so heavily.
the last standing vegetable!! the leeks survived! I had left some purple brocolli as I have done this before and had a nice wee crop in the early spring, however this winter the very cold temperatures turned the plants to mush...
one veggy plot is tidied, the rest are waiting on some drier days. I must get out into the greenhouse and plant some onion and leek seeds. these will be 'leftovers' that are not yet out of date. perhaps germination is not as good with older seeds but its worth using them up.





6 comments:

Jason said...

Love the picture of your cat! I think he(?) has the right idea for a rainy day.

And your veg bed looks so tidy; mine are a mess at the moment. I think I might have to get out this weekend and tidy them up.

clairesgarden said...

Jason, thats a very kind comment but the veggy plots and the whole garden is a mess! note how my photographs are carefully zoomed in with no background!!
Smokey is a girl, the children at the stables named her and I added the Tiptoes when I brought her home as I also know a Smokey who is large pony.

HORIZON said...

Smokey Tiptoes has the right idea- too soggy outside these days but l heard that tomorrow is going to be nice- here's hoping!

susan said...

I always love seeing pictures of your garden but this year especially so since it's our first where winter hasn't broken by now. I long to see little flowers.

Gary said...

It's been a long time since I visited your lovely photos and gentle life. Thank you Claire.

gfid said...

i'm beaming. outside the window here, all is covered in white. your lush greens are food for my eyes and soul. Smokey Tiptoes reminds me of the poem... author forgotten... fog walks on little cat feet.... i'm beginning to plan some containers for gardening in my little condo postage stamp yard.