Wednesday, July 25, 2007

brave enough?

most of my Wednesdays have been occupied for some time by horses owned by Barbara-Anne and Dave. they were kind enought to let me ride their much loved old mare Teddy. and I helped with Robbie too, long reining and playing games.

Robbie is a nice kind horse. so on Saturday, I climbed on the wall and climbed up on the horse(large). Barbara-Anne sitting on the fence.
brave enough to canter, which is good as usually I just send horses to sleep.
here's Dave, getting a bit more action out of Robbie than I did, but I'm going to practice!

6 comments:

Michael said...

Ride on! I have a great picture of Maligiaq, the Greenland paddling champion riding our horse with his paddle in hand. Can't wait for you to post your version! ;-)

Anonymous said...

So fun you get to ride those beautful horses. Looks like you are really enjoying summer.
Keep having fun!
~Becky

clairesgarden said...

Michael, well I pulled a tarpaulin over his head last week so he'd probably be okay with a paddle, he would just sigh and wonder why the humans do these things. . . .
Becky, hope you get that butterfly! and it is good of Robbies owners to let me ride him, he's a nice horse.

kate said...

You look great atop the horse. That must have been fun ... better than paddling?

Anonymous said...

Much better than paddling - although getting out of your depth is just as easy!

Nice seat, Ms Gillies!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' gooooood, Claire! Way to go!