Friday, June 16, 2006

pink, blue, purple, red

a helpful bee in the greenhouse, I watched it pollinating this then caught it in a jar and put it safely outside
I have never seen this flowering before, a sempervivum 'King George',
I bought it to go in a trough, which is now full of potatoes
but it seems to like the greenhouse so it may get to stay there
an iris which came from my Dad's garden, they are worse with names than me so it will probably remain anonymous
monarda
geum 'Mrs Bradshaw', a fine cheerful lady
this used to have a name but it is lost, a highly scented small flowered bush rose
lots of buds, lots of nice flowers to come
I have no idea what kind of geranium this is, I have it labeled as small purple.

8 comments:

Wildside Musing said...

Love, love, love that iris! Native irises grew wild in the woods on our ranch. I miss them.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Oh, what a nice finger! I think, the Iris is a sibirian Iris.

Sigrun

Madcap said...

Beautiful! Little bells are tolling in the far corners of my mind... monarda, is that another name for "bee balm"?

clairesgarden said...

Wildside, it is a nice colour, thats the first time its flowered since being put in, I have another one which is paler blue and has flowered for a couple of years.
Sigrun, thats my thumb, I wanted to show how small the geranium was and thought you might know what kind it was.
Madcapmum, yes I think its called bee-balm, they certainly like it anyway

Peggy said...

What gorgeous flower pictures! Color and clarity are wonderful! Sure would love to visit Claire's Garden...

Peggy

clairesgarden said...

Peggy, you're most welcome!

Kerri said...

The sempervivum is fabulous. What a lovely color. Good little bee :)
Love that iris. The monarda IS bee balm and is also called bergamot. Our bumble bees love it, hummingbirds too. I used to have geum years ago but it wasn't very hardy here. Only survived one winter I think. Beautiful pink rose. Wish I could smell it.
My cranesbill geranium is blooming like mad now. it's pink. A friend just gave me a bright purple one.
Aren't Sigrun's wonderful?

Norene Griffin said...

terrific flowers. i love the king george that the bee is pollinating. and the fragrant pink rose is so delicate looking. i'm not big on roses, but i'd take that one in a minute.