Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Abbey meets her new friends...



Abbey was moved to a new yard on Saturday, this is her first meeting up with her new field mates, they are a fairly nice bunch, no nasty kickers or bully's among them. She is being pursued at the end by my friends pony, Roo, she also owns nice old Merlin and he was meant to be coming over to this yard at the same time as Abbey but he has gone down with the dreaded laminitis for the first time in his life aged 24..... bless him, his owner is very upset. I am hoping for a good recovery for him and he can come and join us soon. He is snuggled up safe in Abbey's old stable at least till the end of the month. We don't have a stable here which is a bit of a worry, she will winter out fine I am sure but its more just having somewhere safe to put her if needed.



There is a donkey though.... a terrifying creature!! And we come in through a field with some terrifying highland cows and a terrifying sheep. She'll settle soon hopefully......

5 comments:

gfid said...

she's SO gorgeous! i hope she survives the terrifying donkey and sheep and cows.

Bridget said...

My pony who lives at my Mothers place in Tipperary is prone to laminitis. When she gets a bout she is only given hay which isn't as rich as grass as I'm sure you know. She also gets dried nettles, pulled and left for a couple of days, they cleanse the blood.

HORIZON said...

Poor Abbey!!! A donkey with attitude and loads of hairy beasts- no wonder she's taking her time settling in. I've never heard of laminitis- will go look it up.
bests for now

clairesgarden said...

GF, she is slowly getting used to the wee donkey, we managed to walk past him the other day without the sky falling on our heads...
Bridget, I'll tell Merlin's mum about the nettles, thankyou.
Horizon, laminitis is always a risk, I had a pony with it many years ago and its one of my greatest fears.

HORIZON said...

Loved the video :)