Monday, September 11, 2006

digging out stones

there were two bushes in front of the green bin,
which I have moved to this island bed.
and planted two goosberry bushes in that space, one red and one green. they have spent the summer in pots as I meant to do this last year and didn't get around to it.

I call this digging out stones' as the island bed produced a whole wheelbarrow full and this little bit even more. I emptied the green bin and used the compost in both beds.

Tansy is now in a major huff as this is where she used to hide to watch the birds feeding on the nuts hanging from the washing line pole.


4 comments:

patsy said...

poor tansy. i guess the birds are glad she gone .

Madcap said...

I guess Tansy just doesn't have a taste for berries! It all looks lovely, as usual.

-Madcap

derrick said...

Just like Notre Dame! Love the sign "Humps for 400 Yards!" I'll be laughing for a week!

clairesgarden said...

Patsy, I think the birds will feed a little easier now.
Madcapmum, are you having trouble sighning in? it always takes me a while to get used to a different view, I hope to be enjoying ggoseberry fool next summer.
Derrick, ah, hysterical, when they first put the sign in I took a photograph and e-mailed it to everybody I know, it used to have an arrow on it and sign was 90ยบ the other way and more or less pointed to my door.