Saturday, February 11, 2006

how cute is Daisy?

the new camera, a canon s2 1s, arrived yesterday and I planned to go out and play with it today. however the weather is putting me off even going into the garden! this morning almost showed promise with a very light smattering of snow on the hills, which you could just see through the clouds, but as usual its turned to freezing rain and the hills are obscured. brrr. . . so here is Daisy, taken on macro with the light coming from the window. this is definatley not a 'point and shoot' camera, so I may be a while reading the manual!

5 comments:

Jim said...

clairesgarden-

Very nice photo of Daisy!
I love the natural light...

Yes, the S2 IS has many features, and I've had mine 6 months and haven't tried to use all of them yet, but if you set the start-up options the way you'd like them and keep it on the AUTO setting, it's pretty much point & shoot.

You can experiment with all the creative and manual features as you get more comfortable with it.

The M (manual) setting is handy because you can select the shutter speed and aperature setting which is helpful in photographing birds and other fast moving critters.

I haven't even tried manual focus yet.

Anyway, have fun with it...

Unknown said...

Awe, she is such a pretty little kitty. With that littlebit of white she looks like hills with a little smattering of snow on them.

HomemakerAng said...

I LOVE THIS CAT!!! so fuzzy wuzzy and looks so cuddly! I am a big cat lover! Mr. Sarto ran away from home, naughty boy...

Norene Griffin said...

daisy is a beauty!

i haven't gotten around to reading my camera manual yet, either...

Deb said...

Nice lighting! And Daisy is a beautiful cat.