Monday, July 12, 2010

still raining

its been good this week to eat potatoes, courgettes, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions from the garden. I wish I was more organised and had some fruit..the gooseberrys have suffered with the cold, I thought one had died off but its coming up from the roots now, maybe some fruit next year.
its been raincoats on and raincoats off for the showers, change about every five minutes.....I had the strange experience of driving home in the bright sunshine with my windscreen wipers on full for the very heavy rain.....somwhat strange....a bit like riding with your eyes closed just to see what its like......
here's Abbey wearing her new wooly girth cover, nice and white before it gets dirty. it does come in brown which I would have prefered, but it is a luxury item so had to go with the cheapest version...so this is how I ride out, rope headcollar on.
Parelli antagonists need not comment thankyou, your comments will be deleted.

7 comments:

WILDSIDE said...

"Parelli antagonists need not comment thankyou, your comments will be deleted."

?????

I must be missing something, but never mind. I probably often do...

The photo of Abbey in moist Scotland is beautifully calming! Hope you are well.

clairesgarden said...

hi Wildside, there are people saying lots of nasty things. i was thinking about taking the blog down. thats the second time i've thought about doing that. but if i am on the internet i am opening myself up for anybody to abuse. so if i close this down i can avoid any confrontation?
Abbey is very calming, horses are nice creatures.

Bonnie said...

Hi Claire, I'm revisiting your blog, haven't checked it in a while. I have made my decision to come to Scotland next year and quit putting it off as something I'll do "someday." I will be visiting the Edinburgh, Dundee, Fettercairn areas. Haven't decided when to come yet, it's looking like the end of June or beginning of July as I have to work around my daughter's teaching schedule.
I'm sorry to hear you are thinking of taking down your blog. I haven't had any negative comments on mine, yet. It must be discouraging. I would say, if you enjoy blogging, try to ignore the people trying to destroy your enjoyment.

clairesgarden said...

hi Bonnie, would love to meet up if you are over here, I do like blogging...what better way to meet such lovely people like Wildside and yourself!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't take your blog down I may not aleays comment but I always read it.Did you get some new Rhubarb plants? Maureen

susan said...

Abbey is looking very fine in her new gear. I don't know much of anything about Parelli but I do agree that horses and riders are all much happier without bits.

Lovely vegies in you top post.

clairesgarden said...

hi Maureen, no new rhubarb yet, not really had time to look into it...and I planted a couple of things in the space it was in....run out of room again!
Susan, it took a while for Abbey to get used to being ridden out in the headcollar, she was used to being micro-managed......much better at looking where she is going now.