Saturday, July 20, 2013

I am the poor relation

Friends.. few and far between and some far away... I just realised I've been 'left behind' by a friend of many years....
My recent years have hit me very hard financially and emotionally. Try holding it all together as much as I can, through having to leave a house behind and live in one temporary room... I've never been financially well off but now there is not a penny to spare, so no I can't join in the plans for travelling, even just visiting is hard because petrol costs too much. I can't go and do the things other people want to do ....
I can see the other side that it must be hard, making the effort to ask me if I want to go to something.. getting the answer time and time again that I can't afford to.. or that I have to work because taking time off work means losing money and I need the money.
I can see it would be easier just to start taking off and doing things with other people and then telling me all about it after you've been.
There is a good possibility that I've done this to people in my life myself in the past, just moved from one day to the next and done different things.





6 comments:

Madcap said...

Ah, shame. They can't visit to you? I'm sorry you've been hurt like that.

Bernie H said...

What a shame things have worked out like that for you. You are remarkably considerate for realising how it's come about, but I imagine it's still hurtful. I do so hope that your friend doesn't leave you behind too many times, and you somehow work out how to keep doing things together. True friends are hard to come by, and worth keeping.

clairesgarden said...

visiting here is awkward as I only have one small room.. you know when you were a kid and your friends came over.. all sat in your room on your bed..
not quite so relaxed in adulthood with that......
well, people change and do different things with their lives I suppose.

WeekendFarmer said...

Was touched by your post. Money is not everything in life! I wish you good health and tranquility and prosperity of the soul. If the friend left you behind...you can move on and the right friends will come along : )! Sending you a cheer from across the pond.

clairesgarden said...

no, money isn't everything.. but it sure helps sometimes.

gfid said...

though you may not be rich in coin, you ARE rich in man other ways.... Abbey would vouch for that too. wishing you increased prosperity, and friends who value the things you value.