Monday, October 29, 2007
very yummy, roasted along with these other veggies.
if you are more adventurous than me and like to cook I have been sent a link to a fabulous blog from Seattle called Cook and Eat.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
due to distance and lighting the photos came out with too long an exposure but I like the effect.
Friday, October 19, 2007
it comes out yellow in the spring and slowly turns to green as the year passes
so where does the red come from?
mother nature's gifts
thankyou to Sara from Farming Friends for providing the information that Mark from Green Fingered Photographer will explain all about leaf colour change.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Research has shown the following benefits of adding Rockdust™ to soil:
Provides slow, natural release of elements and trace minerals
Increases the nutrient intake of plants
Boosts and regenerates soil
Increases mineral rich organic crop yields
Increases the growth of micro organisms and earthworm activity
Increases the storage capacity of the soil
Enhances flavour in crops
Decreases dependence on fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.
everything starts to look tidy and tucked up for winter. I have also been sorting out pots, you can see them stored against the fence, unfortunatley I have lost lables or labels have faded or I asume I will remember whats in the pink pot or the green one... thats why most of them now have lables like this. . . .
Friday, October 12, 2007
and I recieve this in an e-mail and would like to share it
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.
~ Author Unknown ~
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Monday, October 08, 2007
Random 8 Meme.
The Rules of this tag:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.
1. I hate cooking and could eat salad everyday forever.
2. I love good food, especially when somebody else has cooked it!
3. I whinge a lot.
4. I drive an econimal Ford Fiesta but would love to charge about in something flash and unethical.
5. I like to have a good cry at weddings.
6. if I go to a funeral I wait till I get home to cry.
7. I am holding out on buying a digital television, and might see if I can live without one, but I think I'll give in.
8. I am just leaving to go to work and would have prefered to stay in bed, with the cats.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
thankyou very very much to Alice who has nominated me for this award
Brad Egel originally created this award and started the egg rolling to pass the love around.
in turn I would like to nominate
David at Snappy Croc's Garden blog
Ann at Roc Rebel Granny
Matron at Down on the Allotment
Frankie at the Veg Plot
Tara at Silver Apples of the Moon
Primrozie at Prims Place in Spring Valley